Account Executive (Remote, UK 🇬🇧)
UK (Remote) /
Go to Market – Sales /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is building ✨ the most exceptional payroll experience ✨ for companies and their employees. We're an automated payroll solution that cuts out the time and stress of doing payroll for growing tech businesses. We're proud to be a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our team and become a leading member of our sales organisation as we navigate further up-market, expanding our exceptional product-market fit. Our mission is ambitious and underpinned by our Principles.
This role is based in the UK andthe person in this role needs to be physically based in the UK. If you’re applying from outside of the UK and open to relocation, please select your country as 'UK', and select that you would require Pento to provide a visa (if necessary – we can support this).
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
The role 💬
- Cover a large territory and effectively build and maintain a dynamic pipeline while managing the end-to-end sales cycle
- Articulate the differentiated value of Pento to the customer and establish our ability to deliver immediate business value
- Form strong partnerships with cross-functional teams such as product, marketing and customer success to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in delivery
- Be a trusted advisor by sharing insights collected with your team so we can champion our customers and prospects
- Build relationships and sell in a consultative way, driving buying decisions of Senior Managers, VP’s and C-Level Executives
Our levelling 🪜
- The base salary band for this L2-L3 role is £50-70k (we’re flexible to hire at a couple of different levels for this role). Target OTE would total £100-£140k (base/commission is a 50/50 split)
- Titles and compensation at Pento are dependent on our internal levelling (L1-6), which we'll assess and talk more about throughout the interview process
Your qualities 💎
- You drive Excellence At Speed. You find creative ways to build pipeline and make things happen in the shortest amount of time. You're willing to find your own path to excellence, iterating, testing and figuring things our, rathe than waiting to be handed the answers
- You Own Your Impact. You’re resilient and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and use innovation to bring Pento to the market. You don't rely on managers to drive your performance as you take control and drive your own
- You Lead With Respect And Candour. You actively fuel a culture of collaboration with your colleagues and welcome feedback that enables you to develop
Your experience ✨
- A demonstrated track record of closing deals between £15-£50k (or equivalent) and carrying a quota in excess of £400k per year
- Experience owning your sales cycle, from discovery and demos, to handling objections and articulating benefits, to negotiating and closing the deal
- An understanding of MEDDIC / MEDDPICC Sales methodologies (or similar) and demonstrated experience in applying them
Your location 🌍
This role is based in the UK and currently only open to individuals who are eligible to work within the UK without visa sponsorship.
Working at Pento 🖥
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
• Flexible working, unlimited time off, and gender-neutral parental leave
• Yearly team summits and a stipend to support travelling to work with colleagues
• Mental health support via Spill, one of our most-valued benefits (rated 9.3/10 from the team)
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Your location 🌍
For teams that have access to customer data (typically within Customer Success, Engineering, or Customer Support), we require that employees are based in the EU/EEA for contractual data transfer reasons. If you are applying to such a role from a non EU/EEA country, and open to relocation, please select your preferred EU/EEA location, and select that you would require Pento to provide a visa.
Accessibility adjustments ℹ️
We’re committed to removing invisible barriers. If there are any adjustments we can make to better support you, please let us know when you apply.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.