EMEA (Remote 🌎, +3/-3h CET) /
Go to Market – Marketing & Growth /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is a payroll solution that ensures People and Finance teams can run stress-free payroll without any errors by automating repetitive manual tasks, removing payroll deadlines, and offering expert payroll guidance. We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. You can learn more about us in our public handbook, Pento Home.
As our first Brand Design hire, you will take on a critical role in designing, evolving and owning our brand. Reporting to our Head of Marketing, you will work with our Marketing and Product Design teams to play a leading role across our visual design system and brand development. Your primary focus will be to create and drive our brand identity and take ownership of the design of our marketing, sales and customer success collaterals.
💡 We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
Our levelling 🪜
The salary band for this role is £62-70k. Titles and compensation at Pento are dependent on our internal levelling (L1-6), which we'll assess and talk more about throughout the interview process.
The role 💬
- Develop, unify and guide our brand, together with the broader Product Design team
- Communicate the value of Pento in design, typography, colour and illustration
- Partner with the Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to develop collateral to engage our audience and drive growth
- Own and drive our various assets including but not limited to: marketing campaigns, sales collateral and content such as blogs and guides
- Own the design of our website. The website is built on Webflow, however prior knowledge of Webflow is not required, but willingness to learn is
- Contribute to our design system so it’s coherent throughout our brand and product
Why you should be excited about design at Pento 🤩
- While you’ll be the first design hire in the marketing team, you will be part of our broader Design team and have great design colleagues who nerd out about the newest products and brands, just like you
- Work with our product design team to bring our brand into the product. We always default to accessible solutions, but you’ll play a big role in bringing a little expression and joy into the product via your brand work
Your experience ✨
- You have operated within an independent role before, where you have led decisions about longer-term brand building and short-term execution. You will collaborate with many people across Pento, however you will play a leading role in shaping your work and contribution
- You have experience within the digital design industry, at a tech-forward, product-driven company. We’re open to reviewing applications from career-freelancers or agency-side, however the scope of an in-house tech role is likely to better suit what we’re looking for
- You have an experienced and informed understanding of the formal elements of design, not just limited to the web, and including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- You’re able to quickly and creatively produce designs and compelling solutions
- You love your craft, being very hands-on, and constantly pushing yourself to deliver your best work
- You’re comfortable with some ambiguity and changing priorities. We’re not as unstructured as you might think (!) but we are a start-up and change what we’re doing fast if it’s not working
- You’re a strong communicator, able to articulate your ideas and gather input from others
- You're self-motivated. Because we’re remote-first, we will trust you to take initiative, making sure that you’re working on this week’s most important thing and communicating effectively
- Bonus: You have skills in illustration and/or motion design
- Bonus: You’re familiar with UI design
Working at Pento 🖥
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
• Flexible working, unlimited time off, and gender-neutral parental leave
• Yearly team summits and a stipend to support travelling to work with colleagues
• Mental health support via Spill, one of our most-valued benefits (rated 9.3/10 by the team)
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Your location 🌍
For teams that have access to customer data (typically within Customer Success, Engineering, or Customer Support), we require that employees are based in the EU/EEA for contractual data transfer reasons. If you are applying to such a role from a non EU/EEA country, and open to relocation, please select your preferred EU/EEA location, and select that you would require Pento to provide a visa.
Accessibility adjustments ℹ️
We’re committed to removing invisible barriers. If there are any adjustments we can make to better support you, please let us know when you apply.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.