Account Executive (MM)
UK (Remote) /
Go to Market – Sales /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We’re looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to help us bring value to incredible companies in the UK.
Sales at Pento 💪
As an Account Executive, your mission will be to help companies all over the UK to make payroll painless. By reaching and acquiring new businesses as customers, you’ll bring value by freeing up their time spent running payroll so they can spend that time driving their missions, not drowning in spreadsheets and pdfs!
You’ll be joining our fast-growing Sales team as one of our early Account Executives, and you’ll be helping us build and refine our sales playbook by testing out our positioning in the wild — as a result, your impact will be felt in not just your success, but that of all the reps who follow you.
We’ll build you a book of business and you’ll get uncapped commission against your ARR targets. We’ll support you along the way with the tools you need - and with the support of working alongside an incredible, ambitious team.
We’re a hyper-growth company: if you overachieve in your role as much as we’d love you to, there will be plenty of opportunities to grow as we grow.
The role 💬
Qualify, educate and acquire new customers
• Work closely with the team to constantly improve our commercial strategy and playbook
• Own your sales cycle from discovery and demos to handling objections and articulating benefits, to negotiating and closing the deal
• Craft sequences and messages to cut through the noise and help start a conversation, by deeply understanding the customer and their pain
• Build and maintain a consistent pipeline for company-wide forecasting and planning
• Evangelize our product both on and off-line, engaging with customers and prospects
• Build and maintain lasting relationships with potential customers — a no today could be a yes in nine months’ time 😉
• Stay in touch with your won customers, and collaborate with Customer Success to ensure they thrive and become evangelists for Pento in turn
• Demonstrate excellent deal discipline to allow you to run high-velocity sales motions and move forward many prospects in tandem
Collect and share feedback
• Collect insights around the pain points expressed by prospects using other solutions to run payroll
• Be one of many voices for our customers, and share insights collected with your team and other business functions so we can help make the customer experience as excellent as possible
Your experience ✨
- You have a proven track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals. Doing this in a business development/commercial-focused role at a SaaS company is a big plus, but not a must
- You’re able to quickly understand and empathise with pain points a potential customer is experiencing, and clearly articulate the value a solution like Pento can bring
- You want to learn and improve every day — and help people around you grow along with you
- You believe that we win when our customers win
- You’re comfortable in the middle of a storm; start-ups are fast-growing, ever-changing environments, and what holds true today might change completely tomorrow
- You’re someone who believes in owning your own impact — by being driven, resilient, creative and reliable
- You’re driven to build
- You love what you do and take pride in the way you do it
Working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan for our permanent employees, so you can all benefit from our success
• Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
• Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here 💜
Don’t worry about your past experience being a 100% fit; we know that’s practically impossible anyway! If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you resonate with the role and the impact it will drive, let’s talk.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.