EMEA (Remote 🌎, +3/-3h CET)
Go to Market – Customer Success /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is a payroll solution that ensures People and Finance teams can run stress-free payroll without any errors by automating repetitive manual tasks, removing payroll deadlines, and offering expert payroll guidance. We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. You can learn more about us in our public handbook, Pento Home.
We're looking for a Support Specialist to support our customers with complex UK payroll related queries or issues. We believe excellent customer care is just as critical as fantastic technology, and you will help our customers feel supported to make the correct decisions during their payroll cycle.
💡 We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
The role 💬
We're looking for someone with a solid UK payroll background to undertake this hybrid role, who has good problem-solving skills and cares about the customer experience as much as they care about getting their work done. You will sit within our Customer Support team but also work with our Onboarding team, flexing to where your skills are needed at that time.
In Support, you will be the person who investigates complex payroll issues highlighted by our customers. You will ensure problems are solved quickly and efficiently and you will provide advice to customers around ‘all things payroll’. When in Onboarding, you will manage the process for new customers joining Pento, helping build out the platform to their needs and also gather all their data to perform parallel runs so they get to value impact as soon as possible! This is an excellent opportunity if you’re passionate about delivering a world-class service experience.
Your location 🌍
This team has access to customer data and for this reason, you must be based in the EU/EEA (+/-3 CET) for contractual data transfer reasons. We’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role and you will be automatically turned down upon application if you require one.
Our levelling 🪜
The salary band for this L2 role is £41-48k. Titles and compensation at Pento are dependent on our internal levelling (L1-6), which we'll assess and talk more about throughout the interview process.
More about the role and core responsibilities 💬
- You will be the first line of support for our customers, ensuring their payroll related queries are resolved quickly and efficiently
- You will work with our customers to unpick complex issues, including HMRC reconciliations, journal support, legislative guidance, and failed FPS/Pension submissions
- If there is a question you can't answer, you will escalate tickets to the right team, providing as much context as possible around the issue our customers are facing. You might not have all the answers (yet), but you are a champion for consistent communication
- Your number one priority will be to make sure our customers are compliant, so keeping your knowledge of current statutory legislation is a must
- You will provide the product team with customer feedback so we can continue to build the best payroll product the world has ever seen!
- You will use your awesome communication skills and payroll experience across multiple channels to educate new and existing customers on Pento adoption
- You will use your in-depth knowledge of payroll to onboard new customers to the platform, collating the data and completing parallel runs to make sure everything is right before go live!
- You will support new customers with building integrations of HMRC and HRIS into Pento making sure that everything is working as it should be
- You will use your onboarding and payroll knowledge to spot anything that does not look quite right and investigate the data to make sure the first live payroll runs smoothly
Your experience ✨
- You have solid UK payroll experience — bonus points for experience dealing with Share Payments, FPS, and Pension failures
- You have experience in providing best in class payroll and product support
- You’re a proficient English speaker and your (written and verbal) grammar is impeccable
- You enjoy working with figures and have experience with complex reconciliations
- You have run payrolls so you know what looks right and can spot anomalies
- You have experience onboarding customers into a new payroll platform/service
- You’re comfortable multitasking, at managing your time, and prioritising — nothing puts you in a good mood as much as completing your to-do-list
- You thrive on having a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude at all times
- You’re hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs
Working at Pento 🖥
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
• Flexible working, unlimited time off, and gender-neutral parental leave
• Yearly team summits and a stipend to support travelling to work with colleagues
• Mental health support via Spill, one of our most-valued benefits (rated 9.3/10 by the team)
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Accessibility adjustments ℹ️
We’re committed to removing invisible barriers. If there are any adjustments we can make to better support you, please let us know when you apply.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.