Head of Marketing
London, UK / EMEA (Remote 🌎 in +3/-3h CET) /
Go to Market – Marketing & Growth /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is building ✨ the most exceptional payroll experience ✨ for companies and their employees. We're an automated payroll solution that cuts out the time and stress of doing payroll for growing tech businesses. We're proud to be a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing who will build a strategy that delivers results and supports revenue goals whilst implementing best-practice. As a recognised expert, you’ll strategically plan and support the team in delivering across every aspect of our marketing and growth funnel by identifying and scaling paid and unpaid acquisition channels.
Our mission is ambitious and underpinned by our Principles. As we champion the customer and focus on growth, we’re looking for leaders that can build a world-class technology company and inspire excellence to be driven at speed. We’re growing, and generating demand is now more important than ever.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
The role 💬
• You’ll drive focus on key priorities and build a culture of testing and experimentation across the team
• Reporting to our CEO, you’ll lead a team of 5 and oversee the entire top-of-funnel and acquisition pipeline
• Design and build a full-funnel marketing strategy that creates and nurtures prospects, oversee the development of new marketing tactics, and identify ways for Pento to expand its outreach
• Drive data-led, strategic decisions, and set a vision that champions the customer and unlocks growth, partnerships and revenue
• Work closely with our Sales function, with a particular focus on solidifying the relationships between growth marketing and sales development
• Set and maintain best practices, encouraging and championing the direction of Pento’s content, partnerships, growth and performance
• Ensure our message is consistent and focused on our target audience across all channels
• Today, we serve over 300 customers in the UK — your goal will be to 5x that in 12 months by helping us leverage paid, partnerships and content
Our levelling 🪜
The salary band for this L6 role is £125 - £154k. Titles and compensation at Pento are dependent on our internal levelling (L1-6), which we'll assess throughout the interview process.
Your experience ✨
• You've had a successful track record as a Head of Marketing, Marketing Director, or Head of Growth, leading a cross-functional team and setting the Marketing and Growth strategy. You can articulate and demonstrate how you’ve delivered results and the impact you’ve had on the company using data and clear examples
• You have innovated, supported revenue growth, and driven change within a business. Through building a strategy, vision and team, you can deliver business value and high-quality work
• You’re able to balance multiple goals across Marketing, Growth and Partnerships, whilst addressing challenges and turning problems and unclear goals into achievable projects
• You’re able to harness creativity and data. You have experience using both to achieve the desired outcome, and you can steer your team to use whichever will have the most impact
Nice to have:
• You’ve led Marketing and Growth within a B2B SaaS company and have driven your team through iterations as your company has grown
Don’t worry about your past experience being a 100% fit; we know that’s practically impossible anyway! If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you resonate with the role and the impact it will drive, let’s talk.
Your qualities 💎
• You communicate intentionally. Your communication brings out the best in others. You can communicate strategy and present your vision company-wide. You promote a culture of constructive feedback and praise, delivering feedback that enables others to develop
• You’re empathetic and can demonstrate when you’ve used your deep understanding of the customers’ needs to drive decisions. You champion the customer and have an unwavering belief that meeting customer needs is the way to achieve and exceed business goal
Working at Pento 🖥
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
• Flexible working, unlimited time off, and gender-neutral parental leave
• Yearly team summits and a stipend to support travelling to work with colleagues
• Mental health support via Spill, one of our most-valued benefits (rated 9.3/10 from the team)
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Your location 🌍
For teams that have access to customer data (typically within Customer Success, Engineering, or Customer Support), we require that employees are based in the EU/EEA for contractual data transfer reasons. If you are applying to such a role from a non EU/EEA country, and open to relocation, please select your preferred EU/EEA location, and select that you would require Pento to provide a visa.
Accessibility adjustments ℹ️
We’re committed to removing invisible barriers. If there are any adjustments we can make to better support you, please let us know when you apply.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.