Senior Frontend Engineer
London, UK / EMEA (Remote 🌎 in +3/-3h CET) /
Research & Development – Engineering /
Permanent – Full Time
Pento is building ✨ the most exceptional payroll experience ✨ for companies and their employees. We're an automated payroll solution that cuts out the time and stress of doing payroll for growing tech businesses. We're proud to be a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to bring deep expertise to Pento and strongly impact our technology and development. You’ll use a quickly acquired, in-depth knowledge of the payroll domain and your technical expertise to impact our platform, partnering business strategy with tactical prioritisation decisions. Our mission is ambitious and underpinned by our Principles.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, and just about anything else.
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Golang, Node JS, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
Our levelling 🪜
The salary band for this L3 role is £80-92k. Titles and compensation at Pento are dependent on our internal levelling (L1-6), which we'll assess throughout the interview process.
The role 💬
- You’ll engage with customer feedback and translate learnings into product changes and improvements. You’ll ensure you focus on the most impactful areas and that work follows best practices and standards, delivering desired outcomes while balancing speed and quality
- Our Senior Engineers set a great example for the team. You’ll challenge and drive technical discussions on the team to help others align to the best possible decisions. Preferably you’ll use visual language (e.g. system diagrams) to paint your ideas and points of view
- You’ll raise the bar for our Engineering team by making solid arguments for relevant refactoring and improvements to our adopted processes and by producing system designs for implemented changes. You will own your own impact and support your other peers. You will contribute to the development of our engineers by reviewing code, pair programming, and helping them up-skill
Your qualities 💎
- You own your impact. You find a way to make things happen, and your word is your bond — when you say something will happen, it happens
- You lead with respect and candour. As an established leader in the community, you’re recognised for your deep knowledge of your core development specialism. You help other engineers step up and grow whilst being able to find efficient solutions for other people's problems
- You innovate, lead projects and drive change within a business. You can deliver business value and high-quality work through the systems you design and develop. You’re able to balance multiple goals across Engineering, Product and Design whilst addressing concerns, and turning problems and unclear goals into achievable projects
- You’re able to advise and impact Engineering strategy. With your expert knowledge and your track record of advising various technical and non-technical stakeholders, you can steer an Engineering strategy and work with leadership
- You communicate intentionally. Your communication brings out the best in others. You can communicate strategy and present your findings company-wide and outside the company. You promote a culture of constructive feedback and praise and are an example that feedback enables others to develop
Your experience ✨
- You've had a successful track record as a Senior or Mid Engineer in another company and can articulate and demonstrate your development over time
- You have a good understanding of API and contract design
- You can articulate how you hold yourself and others to high bars of technical excellence
- You can design and develop complex systems that scale
- You can write clean code and tests related to it and also advocate for this across the team
- You can give great examples of where you've been able to help engineering teams figure out the why, the what, and the how and that you're also able to do on problems of complexity and scale
- Experience building design systems would be an additional bonus!
Working at Pento 🖥
Our people-first, remote environment supports our team in adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits include:
• An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
• Flexible working, unlimited time off, and gender-neutral parental leave
• Yearly team summits and a stipend to support travelling to work with colleagues
• Mental health support via Spill, one of our most-valued benefits (rated 9.3/10 from the team)
• The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Your location 🌍
For teams that have access to customer data (typically within Customer Success, Engineering, or Customer Support), we require that employees are based in the EU/EEA for contractual data transfer reasons. If you are applying to such a role from a non EU/EEA country, and open to relocation, please select your preferred EU/EEA location, and select that you would require Pento to provide a visa.
Accessibility adjustments ℹ️
We’re committed to removing invisible barriers. If there are any adjustments we can make to better support you, please let us know when you apply.
We're proud to be a remote-first company, so we add a #LI-Remote tag to our postings to make sure the remote nature of our roles are picked up by syndication boards.