Quality Control Inspector I (Day Shift)
Alameda, CA /
Quality – Quality Control /
As a Quality Control Inspector, you will test and inspect components and products in the laboratory. By ensuring that Penumbra's products meet the highest standards of quality and safety, you will play a key role in saving lives every day.
What You’ll Work On:
· Support daily inspection activities within respective Quality Department / group
· Apply basic Good Manufacturing Practices / QSR requirements
· Read, understand, and interpret engineering specifications
· Comply with documented inspection and data recording procedures
· Support R&D and Production inspection activities using basic knowledge of inspection techniques and tools/equipment
· Learn and apply sampling methodologies and techniques
· Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following safety guidelines and procedures
· Perform routine inspection of raw material and packaging, boxing and labels. Provide support of First Article Inspection. Initiate and recognize non-conformances
· Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures
· Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards and procedures
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Bring:
· High School diploma (or GED equivalent), with 1+ years of related experience in a medical device company (or equivalent industry) required
· Ability to perform routine and non-routine inspection with use of visual aids and inspection instrumentation (e.g. micrometers, calipers, pin gages, toolmakers scope, etc.)
· Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practices within a medical device environment (or equivalent industry)
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard office tools
General office, laboratory, and cleanroom environments. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to work under magnification for prolonged time periods.
Day Shift, Alameda, CA
Starting Base Pay is $20.93 - $26.66/Hour
Individual compensation will vary over time based on factors such as performance, skill level, competencies, work location and shift.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.