Quality Control Inspector
As a Quality Control Inspector, you will test and inspect components and products in the laboratory. By ensuring that Penumbra's products meet the highest standards of quality and safety, you will play a key role in saving lives every day.
What You'll Work On
- Perform routine inspection at incoming Quality Control and finished device level.
- Inspect components, products, labels, boxes, pouches, and coatings visually and mechanically.
- Take measurements using micrometers, calipers, snap gages, gage pins and other measuring instruments.
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering specifications.
- Provide support for R&D and Manufacturing engineering through laboratory testing.
- Support departmental and interdepartmental training activities, including training of assemblers or other inspectors.
What You Bring
- The desire to work and learn in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A High School diploma or GED.
- One year of Quality Control inspection experience in a medical device or similar industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of hands-on laboratory experience.
- The ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Self-motivation and attention to detail.
What We Offer
- Multiple opportunities on both day and swing shifts.
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- The person selected for this position will be hired initially through a contract staffing agency. Based on job performance, the position may be converted to a regular full-time position.
- After conversion to regular employment, we offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and clinics primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra P logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.