Sr. Manager SAP Supply Chain
Information Technology – IT /
The Sr. Manager of Enterprise Applications, SAP Supply Chain will be responsible for leading our Enterprise Applications team, specifically focusing on Supply Chain systems and solutions. As the primary IT leader for our Manufacturing & Logistics business area, you will collaborate closely with business management to identify, drive, and deliver impactful solutions that align with our short-term and long-term financial, compliance, and scalability objectives. Additionally, you will work closely with other IT leaders to ensure integration and cross-functional alignment across other process areas, such as Quote-to-Order, Order-To-Cash, and Finance.
What You’ll Work On
• Lead the governance, road-mapping and continuous improvement process, including identifying and refining impactful business KPIs.
• Develop and enhance the IT organization and processes to address the backlog of production support requirements for our major offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
• Provide strong hands-on technical expertise by analyzing business requirements, identifying risks, and actively participating in SAP solution design, configuration, and data analysis activities to support the successful delivery of pilots and full implementations.
• Drive business processes towards industry best practices for Material and Supplier Master Data Management, MRP, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Cost Management, and Manufacturing.
• Foster business understanding of our current SAP functional designs and future design considerations, ensuring alignment between business needs and system capabilities.
• Manage a functional team of up to 4 on-site BSAs in Alameda and 4 offshore BSAs in India, ensuring their professional development, performance management, and successful execution of their responsibilities.
• Actively participate in the development of IT-related policies, standards, and procedures, contributing to the overall improvement of the IT governance framework.
• Select, manage, train, and develop staff. Establish objectives and assignments and provide ongoing feedback through performance reviews and development plans.
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Contribute
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field with 10+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10+ years of combined experience in various aspects of SAP MM, PP, QM, WM, and APO.
• Strong business acumen in all aspects of Supply Chain Management, including MRP, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Cost Management, and Manufacturing processes.
• Strong technical understanding of SAP core functionality, customizing/enhancement options, ABAP, Fiori/HTML5, Integrations, barcoding, etc.
• 6+ years of project governance experience and leading onshore/offshore teams.
• Hands-on configuration experience with SAP MM and PP modules.
• Solution design experience with SAP EWM, SD, and FI/CO modules.
• Two full S/4 Hana implementations with Fiori.
• Must be a motivated self-starter, able to identify and complete required work activities to meet business deadlines. Demonstrated ability to drive projects to on-schedule completion in the face of organizational and process ambiguity, resource constraints, and technical hurdles.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively with both business and technical teams.
• 6+ years of experience in a supervisory role desired
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously
Must be able to work on-site in our Alameda office at least 4 days per week. Business travel including international from 10%-25%. Must be willing to travel to our offices in Roseville, Livermore, Salt Lake City, Berlin (Germany) as needed. General office environment Requires some lifting and moving of up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Annual Base Salary Range: $200,000 - $225,000 / year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.