Customer Order Specialist III
Your Remote US Home Office
Sales & Customer Support – Customer and Field Support Operations /
The Customer Order Specialist III is responsible for processing hospital purchase orders received from the US and Canada regions, ensuring timely and accurate order fulfillment, primarily responsible for resolving order and shipment discrepancies, and answering customer inquiries in a timely manner.
What You'll Work On
• Ensure timely responses to general inquiries received from customers via email whilst providing thorough solutions communicated in a professional manner. *
• Troubleshoot escalated EDI orders and work alongside COS Supervisor to ensure order completion. *
• Work closely with COS Supervisor to complete assigned tasks and training. *
• Review hospital purchase orders received via EDI, ensuring all required information is accurate for release and shipment. *
• Answer incoming calls, maintaining a respectful and helpful demeanor and providing clear and concise responses to inquiries from internal and external customers. *
• Primary contact for communication with Logistics on daily orders where updates are needed from CFSO team.
• Collaborate with internal departments (Shipping, Planning, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to research and resolve shipment discrepancies. *
• Direct communication with customers for resolution to open issues related to order processing, as required. *
• Communicate order status updates, discrepancy resolutions, etc. with customers and sales team. *
• Back-up for all standard order processing of POs submitted via e-mail, e-fax, and phone
• Miscellaneous administrative duties (i.e., filing, scanning, archiving, etc.). *
• File customer complaints in accordance with complaint handling procedures.
• Log metrics data for quality purposes. *
• Work company holidays as business needs necessitate. *
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures. *
• Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company. *
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures. * 2 of 3
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned. *Indicates an essential function of the role
What You Contribute
• High school diploma or GED with 1+ year of customer service experience, preferably in a medical device, pharmaceutical or comparable regulated environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required
• All members of the Customer and Field Support Operations team will be provided with standard on the job training. You must be able to independently and proficiently process the basic foundational tasks in our ERP's production environment and meet accuracy and productivity objectives established by business needs within 60 days of starting the role.
• Competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); SAP experience desirable
• Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines are also required Working Conditions
• Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to move between buildings and floors.
• Must be able to remain stationary and use a computer or other standard office equipment, such as a printer or copy machine, for an extensive period of time each day.
• Must be able to read, prepare emails, and produce documents and spreadsheets.
• Must be able to move within the office and access file cabinets or supplies, as needed.
• Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information with employees at all levels on a daily basis.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $23.08 - $33.17 / hour
This is the pay range for a high-cost labor market; if hired in another region, there will be a difference in pay range. We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
$23.08 - $33.17 an hour
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.