Clinical Data Analyst (Intern)
As a Clinical Data Analyst (Intern), you will provide data management support for clinical trials and allow you to work with original clinical data analytics projects, based on business needs.
You will be partnering with clinical stakeholders to create and implement data analytics best practices and creating dashboards and reports to support the needs of our clinical trials. You will be assisting IT developers to improve our dashboard usability and publish to clinical users and creating training materials for clinical users and developers while maintaining a consistent content library across clinical trials. You will also be documenting data sources and bringing visibility to clinical trial operations through our dashboards and standardized metrics. This person will also be creating analytical data models and tools to help empower clinical teams.
What You'll Work On
- Assist in study database design activities, including form design and edit check programming
- Adhere to data collection requirements, such as eCRFs, data validation, and collection of external data, for assigned studies
- Execute tests scripts, testing activities, test plans, and reports for database quality validation and user acceptance testing to ensure accurate database structure and appropriate data collected
- Evaluate data errors and collection issues; provide guidance and recommendations to clinical team for resolution
- Assist in Site/User Administration to allow access to the database, ensuring that all users are qualified to access clinical systems
- Provide data management expertise necessary to bring clinical studies on line, including establishing and maintaining project timelines, convening project team meetings, and communicating with stakeholders
- Lead the development of data management plans (DMPs), training materials and user aids in compliance with regulations
- Assist in review of SOPs, work instructions, and associated documents
- Work collaboratively with internal team members to meet project deliverables and timelines for data monitoring and reporting
- Identify trends, outliers, or shifts within a study or across studies using analytics
What You Bring
- Completed at least 3+ years of Bachelor's education before beginning internship.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s student in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, economics, physics, or computer science related.
- Sound technical skills and communication ability, both oral and written.
- Experience with analytic software applications such as Tableau, R, SAS, SQL, Python, Google Bigquery, Amazon Redshift, Looker, Mode Analytics, MatLab, C++.
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding and analytical report building is a plus.
- Analytical and problem solving mindset to help others not just make reports based on requirements, but solve their underlying problems.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team whose technology is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and clinics primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra P logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.