Production Builder / Medical Device Assembler
As a Production Builder/Medical Device Assembler at Penumbra, you will be part of a dynamic team that makes products that save lives every day. Working in a cleanroom laboratory environment, your main responsibility will be the assembly of medical devices and components under GMP guidelines.
What You'll Work On
- Perform a wide variety of tasks and processes that are required to build, assemble, inspect, and package products in a controlled manufacturing environment using microscopes and small-handled tools.
- Participate in ongoing training activities designed to build cross-functional teams and provide job growth for team members.
- Maintain compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Penumbra's Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other company standards.
What You Bring
- An interest in health care and/or manufacturing, and the desire to learn something new every day.
- A High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in manufacturing or health care desired, preferably in the production of medical devices.
- The ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- The ability to actively participate in a teamwork environment that maintains a high performance culture.
- The ability to use small-handled tools and microscopes for 2 hours at a time.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
What We Offer
- Multiple opportunities on both day and swing shifts.
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- The person selected for this position will be hired initially through a contract staffing agency. Based on job performance, the position may be converted to a regular full-time position.
- After conversion to regular employment, we offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.