As an R&D Engineer at Penumbra, you will be charged with designing game-changing medical devices to address some of the world’s toughest disease states. You will apply your passion for creative problem solving at all stages of the design process, from concept to commercialization, which will have a profound positive impact on the vast number of patients who will benefit from your efforts.
What You’ll Work On
- Design, prototype, and optimize meaningful medical devices that revolutionize treatment paradigms for a variety of challenging disease states.
- Create test protocols and conduct testing to mitigate clinical risk for a wide range of medical device concepts.
- Develop clinically relevant bench-top models to simulate complex anatomy and disease states.
- Coordinate with suppliers and other external resources to source components and refine component specifications.
- Collate and distill clinical data from physicians and other medical professionals into comprehensive product specifications.
- Investigate and vet novel technologies and incorporate them into innovative designs.
- Originate robust documentation packages that contain CAD drawings, test protocols, test reports, studies, work instructions, risk analysis, etc.
- Represent R&D Engineering on a cross-functional team for design control efforts leading to device submission to regulatory bodies worldwide.
What You Bring
- A passion and knack for solving hands-on and multi-disciplinary technical design problems.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong engineering acumen and mechanical intuition.
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and compelling manner, both in writing and orally.
- A high level of organization with the ability to navigate multiple tasks with competing priority.
- One to ten years of industry experience, medical device experience desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment that fosters constant learning and skillset growth.
- Pioneering work which places you at the forefront of medical technology.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Convenient access to public transportation with shuttle service to BART.
- On campus gym with a variety of on-site fitness classes.
- Proximity to the Alameda waterfront, and easy access to downtown Alameda.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.