Equipment Technician I - Swing shift - Roseville, CA
Operations – Equipment Technicians /
Come join the Equipment Maintenance team at Penumbra, a company dedicated to saving lives.
In this role as an Equipment Technician I, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Penumbra’s manufacturing and test
equipment as well as the necessary documentation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform and document maintenance activities, including preventative maintenance, on-demand maintenance, and non-standard repairs while following quality system procedures
• Perform on-demand maintenance and troubleshooting
• Install equipment and complete IQ/OQ forms
• Track spare parts removed from spare parts inventory
• Solve equipment related manufacturing problems
• Train production staff on proper use and cleaning of equipment
• Perform equipment troubleshooting with guidance from engineering and communicate test results
• Assemble equipment and fixtures in accordance with documented prints
• Participate in manufacturing line moves and equipment relocation
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards and procedures.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
• High school diploma with a minimum of three years of experience working in a medical device or in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proven ability to build, troubleshoot, repair and maintain manufacturing equipment per GMP guidelines, preferably in the medical device industry
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including documentation skills
• General office, laboratory, and cleanroom environments. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
• Requires regular lifting and moving of up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
• Requires occasional climbing on ladders up to 12 feet.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $23.00 - $33.00/hour plus 10% shift differential.
Individual compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, work location and shift, and will increase over time based on meeting performance and business needs.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.