Information Technology – IT /
The Solutions Architect is responsible for the design and alignment of the current enterprise architecture principles focusing on reusing existing capabilities in solutions and services and balancing functional and non-functional requirements with necessary prioritizations and compromises. This is a technical position that requires hands-on design and development. The solutions architect proactively and holistically supports Enterprise Architecture (EA) activities that guide the development and management of the portfolio of solutions. Solutions include systems applications, technologies, processes, information, and shared application services.
What You'll Work On
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to support architectural governance to assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and IT
- Assist in identifying, developing and rollout of new service offerings and service modernization
- Oversee the handoff and enablement of service delivery. Supporting delivery for escalations and initial rollout of new services.
- Architect, design, implement world-class products and solutions. Develop functional architecture design and contribute to supporting the overall goals of the organization
- Designs long-term, reliable, and end-to-end technical architectures, which includes building solutions and POC s based on internal customer and project needs
- Transforms detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document and design consistent, extensible, and integrated data access enterprise components across distinct data sources and platforms
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Responsible for some technical programming and effectively partnering with development teams to ensure a smooth delivery
- Work with IT Change Management teams to deploy and maintain applications
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
What You Contribute
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, with 8+ yrs. of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development or equivalent experience.
- Participation in a minimum of 2 full software lifecycle implementations, from idea, vendor selection, implementation, and transition to production support.
- Demonstrated experience understanding business goals of a commercial organization; objectives and business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, business processes and translating them into solution roadmaps, blueprints, and strategies
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Knowledge of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Experience working with technology such as CRM, MES, Trade Promotions Management / Revenue Growth Management, B2B, B2C. Examples could include but are not limited to Salesforce, MS Dynamics, SAP.
- Experience in prior successful implementations of CRM platforms (preferably MS Dynamics would be nice to have)
- Familiarity with master data management concepts, specifically for product, customer, and customer hierarchies
- Experience working in the medical or healthcare industry is preferred. 21CFRPart 820 and IOS13485 experience is especially helpful.
- Experience working with business processes supporting a commercial organization is preferred. This includes working with frontline sales teams, as well as back-office support teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across other functional verticals and horizontals, including but not limited to Enterprise Architecture, data and analytics, infrastructure, integration services, supply chain, HR and finance.
- Demonstrated experience providing the necessary leadership and analysis to support the development of technology solutions that meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously
- General office environment. Business travel from 0% - 10%. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Alameda, CA
- Starting Base Salary is $153,008/year - $204,825/year.
- Individual compensation will vary over time-based on factors such as performance, skill level, competencies, work location and shift.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.