Clinical Research Associate I
Your Remote US Home Office /
General Administration – R&D Clinical /
As a member of our clinical research team, you will participate in the execution of clinical studies to assess the safety and effectiveness of Penumbra’s products. Working from your REMOTE HOME OFFICE, you will work with confidential patient and company data, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders, managing and monitoring clinical trials in the area of neurovascular therapies for stroke, aneurysm and/or pulmonary embolism.
Interested applicants should reside within one hour of a major airport and be willing to travel 70% of the time. This is an opportunity to work from your REMOTE US home office.
What You'll Work On
- Participate in clinical research site management, qualification, initiation, routine monitoring, and final close out.
- Assist with the development and edits of Informed Consent.
- Assist with the development, approval, and distribution of study-related documents including Case Report Forms (CRF’s), study manuals, and other study tools to investigational sites and review committees.
- Manage device accountability, inventory, and distribution.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with study protocols and global regulatory guidelines, including safety reporting.
- Prepare and deliver presentations of protocols and other study requirements at site initiations, including training at investigational sites when needed.
- Manage distribution, collection and tracking of regulatory documentation.
- Conduct site visits, as necessary. Acting as a company liaison, work with clinical sites to resolve any site related issues quickly and effectively.
What You Bring
- A desire to work with a great team where your work has impact.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or a health related field (e.g., Biology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Nursing, or a related field).
- 2+ years of clinical research experience in the medical device space, including the monitoring of research sites. (Level at hire will be based in part on years of experience.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of competency with spreadsheets, word processing and presentation programs.
- Problem solving skills with a passion for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable.
- Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Annual Base Salary Range: $56,536 - $90,555
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.