Manager, Market Access
Marketing – Product Marketing /
The Manager, Market Access will work collaboratively as part of the Vascular Marketing team. In this role, you will work closely with senior executives and cross-functionally with other departments to create value-proposition messaging for Penumbra products and therapies by providing health economic and reimbursement support for field team and beyond. This may include health economic studies, health economic data analysis, reimbursement analysis and strategy (coverage, coding, and payment).
What You’ll Work On
• Support cross-functional teams on development of health economic, value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies based on robust understanding of physicians, business/practice managers, payers, and their decision-making systems.
• Manage key relationships with providers, payer, international reimbursement teams and sales force as appropriate. Support each customer group in a manner that reflects their needs and expectations of the business partnership and working with internal cross functional teams to communicate the Penumbra value proposition.
• Provide customer perspective on development of internal/external coding/coverage/reimbursement strategies, education, tools and support.
• Provide perspective on economic buyer and commercial payer-related issues related to reimbursement, coverage, and contracting for the Penumbra product portfolio.
• Work with senior management to help execute and implement new strategy for business.
• Communicate effectively to keep internal stakeholders regularly informed about coding/coverage/reimbursement issues affecting the company and its customers.
• Support vendor relationships and projects as needed.
• Select, manage, train, and develop staff. Establish objectives and assignments and provide ongoing feedback through performance reviews and development plans.
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Contribute
• Requires bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of marketing, market access or analytics experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires strong financial analysis skills and ability to problem solve and make relevant recommendations.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and strong Excel skills
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously.
General office environment. Willingness and ability to work on site. May have business travel from 5% - 10%. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to move between buildings and floors. Must be able to remain stationary and use a computer or other standard office equipment, such as a printer or copy machine, for an extensive period of time each day. Must be able to read, prepare emails, and produce documents and spreadsheets. Must be able to move within the office and access file cabinets or supplies, as needed. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information with employees at all levels on a daily basis.
Annual Base Salary Range: $135,000 - $185,000/ year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.