Logistics Specialist I
Salt Lake City, UT
Operations – Logistics /
At Penumbra, Logistics Specialists have been recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty to respond to urgent requests to process shipments in emergency situations, and thus have played a critical role in saving patients' lives.
We have 3 different schedules at the warehouse - 7am-3:30pm, 8am-4:30pm, and 9am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday. All new hires start out on the 9am-5:30pm schedule.
What You’ll Work On
• Maintain the accuracy and control of material receipts, raw material and finished goods inventory locations.
• Maintain accurate logs and files for receipts, lot control, and daily shipments.
• Process domestic and international shipments consisting of pulling the order, entering data into the computer system and scheduling carrier pick up.
• Update and maintain cycle counting on a routine basis with other staff members.
• Process daily shipment reports, Issue materials to production floor and maintain material traceability.
• Build pallets for product sterilization, and coordinates shipments to the sterilizing facility.
What You Contribute
• The desire to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment where there's something new to learn every day.
• A High School diploma or GED
• 1+ years of experience in shipping, receiving or inventory control helpful but not required.
• Computer experience; facility with Microsoft Office tools and inventory management software.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of GMP very helpful.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Shipping/Receiving, Stores Warehouse, and cleanroom environments. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $20.00 – 24.00 / hour
Individual compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, work location and shift, and will increase over time based on meeting performance and business needs.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.