Marketing – Events /
Penumbra's Marketing team is focused on building awareness among patients, physicians, and the public of new technologies and opportunities to combat some of the most devastating diseases in the world. As an Event Coordinator, you will play a key role in planning and executing logistics for off-site events, alongside other Marketing team members and vendors. If you're someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and looking to grow your career in the event planning field, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Work On
• Assist in the coordination of logistics for conferences and external events, including trade shows, customer events and any other off-site events.
• Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities for projects and events.
• Assist with management of on-site conference logistics such as equipment, catering requirements, restaurant and conference room bookings as needed.
• Assist with creating project timelines, plans and concepts covering all aspects of event production.
• Prepare event briefing materials (e.g., workplan, post-event debrief, communications to clients and management).
• Under the guidance of leadership, schedule regular planning calls with event sponsors.
• Assist with design, content and messaging for all event and presentation materials while understanding and ensuring proper brand messaging.
• Support the event planning process via internal and external communications.
• Maintain and update the conference database.
• Assist in collating marketing materials.
• Provide support for conference workshops and regional conferences.
• Travel to large scale conferences and provide operational support from set up to
• Maintain bannerstand and inventory of booth supplies.
• Ensure processing of show leads and distribute to marketing and sales force.
• Manage expenses for each event.
• Travel for site visits.
• Provide administrative support to the larger marketing team as needed.
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Contribute
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 1+ year of event planning experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior trade show experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, and time management skills
• Adept at handling multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (including strong knowledge of Excel)
General office and warehouse environments. Willingness and ability to work on site. Business travel up to 50% Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. Must be able to move between buildings and floors. Must be able to remain stationary and use a computer or other standard office equipment, such as a printer or copy machine, for an extensive period of time each day. Must be able to read, prepare emails, and produce documents and spreadsheets. Must be able to move within the office and access file cabinets or supplies, as needed. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information with employees at all levels on a daily basis.
Annual Base Salary Range: $66,560 - $80,000 / year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable.
Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.