Alameda, CA /
General Administration – Finance & Accounting /
As a key member of Penumbra's growing and hardworking Finance team, the Senior Accountant will take the lead on portions of the monthly general ledger close, balance sheet and income statement analysis.
What You’ll Work On
• Apply US GAAP in preparation of General Ledger entries and reconciliations of accounts for monthly and quarterly close.
• Provide assistance with the external financial audit and coordinate audit process.
• Lead cross-functional initiatives to optimize and improve financial systems and processes.
• Assist with special projects assigned by management (e.g. equity and tax).
What You Contribute
• A track record of professional growth; a passion for problem solving.
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• At least 3+years of progressively responsible experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
• The ideal candidate will be a CPA with public accounting experience. Ideal but not required.
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
General office environment. Business travel from 0%-10%. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Annual Base Salary Range: $95,000 - $140,000 / year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable.
Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.