Manufacturing Engineer 1 (Equipment)
Roseville, CA /
The mission of the Manufacturing Engineering group is to provide manufacturing technology and robust solutions that commercialize new products and that support continuous improvement in production. We are looking for an engineer to play a key role in manufacturing processes, interact between production and cross-departmental engineering groups in resolving problems encountered with equipment, and serve as the subject matter expert for manufacturing equipment.
What You'll Work On
- Optimize production processes by designing fixtures, acquiring off-the-shelf tooling and equipment, and implementing new fixturing on the production line
- Perform equipment qualifications
- Test processes, equipment, raw materials, and products, and perform process validations
- Execute detailed root cause analyses and recommend vetted solutions
- Communicate and explain problems and solutions to all levels, from production assemblers to senior management
- Make recommendations and author protocols based on test results
- Develop, characterize, and optimize processes using statistical techniques and engineering knowledge and experience
- Coordinate with suppliers and other external resources needed in developing and implementing process improvement plans
- Provide subject matter expertise to the production team regarding equipment issues
- Participate in project planning and scheduling
What You Bring
- A passion for tackling and solving technical problems
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, compelling manner, both orally and in writing
- Proven track record of gaining equipment subject matter expertise
- 0-2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Medical device experience preferred
- Also desired are knowledge of FDA regulations, lean manufacturing, and/or materials and manufacturing processes
- BS degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering, or a related discipline
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.