Senior Cost Accountant
General Administration – Finance & Accounting /
As a key member of our Finance team, you will maintain cost accounting systems and procedures. So doing, you will inform business decisions and strategy by analyzing complex data and trends.
What You’ll Work On
• Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities, including projects related to inventory and cost.
• Team up with Operations to review inventory to ensure appropriate reserve, usage adjustment, and timely disposition.
• Participate in the quarter-end and year-end audit and prepare supporting documents for auditor review.
• Collaborate with the Finance team to resolve inventory discrepancies.
• Complete month end journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and analyzing variances.
• Complete Financial Statement analysis, including Balance Sheet & Income Statement.
• Review SOX controls to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity within Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
• Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work closely with Operations to justify standard cost changes, and provide impact analysis for review and approval.
• Partner with the Operations team on inventory costing processes and inputs.
• Maintain the accuracy of inventory costs and ensure that all inventory reporting requirements are satisfied.
• Monitor all transactions involving inventory to ensure the perpetual inventory records are maintained.
• Reconcile inventory in all locations to reports or physical counts.
• Perform analysis of margin and inventory reports.
• Review standard costs and update periodically.
What You Contribute
• The desire to be part of great company whose technology is saving lives every day.
• A love of data and a passion for tracking process costs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, and 5+ years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A strong understanding of Cost Accounting theory.
• Strong financial analysis skills, and the ability make relevant recommendations.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word.
• Experience within the manufacturing or life sciences industries preferred.
General office environment. Business travel from 0% - 10%. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Annual Base Salary Range: $94,683.96 - $125,313.72 / year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable.
Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.