As an Engineer I at Penumbra, you will work with engineers in the Manufacturing, Research and Development, or Quality groups to support the development and testing of new products; the development and improvement of manufacturing processes; and compliance with Penumbra’s Quality System and all applicable regulations and standards.
What You'll Work On
- Under direct supervision, you will be assigned to assist with any of the following:
- Conceptualizing and prototyping of new product concepts.
- Documenting design and process steps.
- Creation of test protocols and reports.
- Testing and documenting results.
- Development of processes and fixtures to improve ergonomics, throughput, and/or yield in manufacturing.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Creation and maintenance of product and process documentation.
- Development of testing and inspection methodology.
- Design of QC process sampling systems and procedures.
What You Bring
- The desire to hone your engineering skills in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in office software applications.
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- Depending on department needs, the Engineer I may be a contract position with the possibility of conversion to a regular full-time role.
- If and when a regular full-time position is offered, it will include a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and clinics primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra P logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.