Equipment Technician III - Alameda, CA
Operations – Equipment Technicians /
The Equipment Technician III is responsible for the setup and maintenance of Penumbra’s manufacturing and test equipment as well as the necessary documentation in accordance with Penumbra’s Quality System. In addition, the Equipment Maintenance Technician III is responsible for training new equipment technicians.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and perform maintenance activities including preventative maintenance, on-demand maintenance, and non-standard repairs while documenting activities by following quality system procedures. *
• Collaborate with other technicians: Assist and guide other technicians with performing on-demand maintenance and troubleshooting as needed. *
• Equipment installation and validation: Install equipment and complete validation processes such as IQ/OQ (Installation Qualification/Operational Qualification) to ensure proper functionality. *
• Spare parts management: Utilize the spare parts system to maintain accurate inventory levels, track usage, and reorder parts when necessary. *
• Analyze and solve equipment-related manufacturing problems and perform manufacturing line support. *
• Educate production staff on proper use and cleaning of equipment, ensuring efficient and safe operations. *
• Assemble equipment and fixtures in accordance with documented prints and collaborate with Engineering to incorporate improvements. *
• Improve equipment documentation by suggesting revisions to Equipment Binders and preventative maintenance instructions for new and existing equipment.
• Procure equipment and fixtures to support manufacturing. *
• Work independently to solve practical problems encountered. *
• Train equipment technicians on complex equipment repairs and departmental practices.*
• Weekly overtime required as needed, including potential weekends, as permitted by law*
• Participate in manufacturing line moves and equipment relocation.
• Make suggestions regarding equipment and fixtures that may improve throughput, yield, and/or ergonomics, and draft new documentation.
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures. *
• Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company. *
• Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures. *
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
*Indicates an essential function of the role
Minimum education and experience:
• High School or GED with 5+ years of experience working in a medical device or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Associate degree preferred
• Proven ability to build, troubleshoot, repair and maintain manufacturing equipment per GMP guidelines, preferably in the medical device industry.
• Medical device, pharmaceutical, biotech, or other regulated industry experience desired
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously
• General office, laboratory, and cleanroom environments
• Willingness and ability to work on site.
• Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens
• Requires some lifting and moving of up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance. Requires occasional climbing on ladders up to 12 feet.
• Must be able to move between buildings and floors.
• Must be able to remain stationary and use a computer or other standard office equipment, such as a printer or copy machine, for an extensive period of time each day.
• Must be able to read, prepare emails, and produce documents and spreadsheets.
• Must be able to move within the office and access file cabinets or supplies, as needed.
• Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information with employees at all levels on a daily basis.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $33.50 - $46.50
Individual compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, work location, and shift, and will increase over time based on meeting performance and business needs.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.