R&D Engineer III - Project Manager
Alameda, CA /
Engineering – R&D /
As an R&D III - Project Manager at Penumbra, you will lead and coordinate the design, development, and testing of some of the industry's most innovative medical devices. You will apply your passion for creative problem solving at all stages of the design process, from concept to commercialization, which will have a profound positive impact on patients worldwide.
What You Will Work On
- Leading and coordinating R&D projects and development of meaningful medical devices that revolutionize treatment paradigms for a variety of challenging disease states.
- Ensure that the medical device is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality control standards.
- Plan and coordinate project tasks and activities while keeping in mind the big picture.
- Coordinate with suppliers and other external resources to source components and refine component specifications.
- Collate and distill clinical data from physicians and other medical professionals into comprehensive product specifications.
- Originate robust documentation packages that contain drawings, test protocols, test reports, studies, work instructions, risk analysis, etc.
- Represent R&D Engineering on a cross-functional team for design control efforts leading to device submission to regulatory bodies worldwide
What you Bring
- Interest in leading, coordinating and communicating day to day cross-functional design control tasks– prior experience in project management desired.
- 3+ years of professional experience, medical device experience preferred but not required.
- Understanding of quality management system and how to apply relevant WI, SOPs and engineering protocols
- A passion and knack for solving hands-on and multi-disciplinary technical design problems.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong engineering acumen and mechanical intuition.
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and compelling manner, both in writing and orally.
- Refined soft skills that allow you to effectively interact with cross-functional teams.
- A high level of organization with the ability to navigate multiple tasks with competing priority.
- You are proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.