Equipment Technician II - Swing shift
Roseville, CA /
Operations – Production /
Come join the Equipment Maintenance team at Penumbra Inc. in the Roseville, CA location.
Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets products that address challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need.
As a key member of the team, you will ensure that the equipment we use to manufacture and test medical devices is continually in optimal condition.
Working with a team of engineers and technicians, you will share in the responsibility for maintaining, repairing, and documenting equipment in accordance with our Quality System.
You will be the go-to person for questions about equipment during your shift.
2nd shift Hours: 3pm-11:30pm (Monday to Friday) (10% differential pay is included with this shift).
What You’ll Work On:
• Perform and document routine preventative maintenance, and non-standard equipment repairs
• Support manufacturing by solving equipment-related manufacturing problems
• Install new equipment and complete IQ/OQ (Incoming qualification / Operations qualification)
• Interpret and communicate test results
• Make suggestions regarding equipment and fixtures that may improve throughput, yield, and/or ergonomics
• Train production staff on proper use of equipment
What You Contribute:
• Aptitude and desire to solve mechanical and electrical problems
• Ability to build, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment,
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance, and occasional climbing on ladders up to 12 feet
• 2+ years of equipment maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Medical device experience desired but not required.
• General office, laboratory, and cleanroom environments.
• Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
• Requires regular lifting and moving of up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance. Requires occasional climbing on ladders up to 12 feet.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Base Pay Range Per Hour: $25.05 - $36.68 plus 10% shift differential.
Individual compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, work location and shift, and will increase over time based on meeting performance and business needs.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.