Sr Cloud System Engineer
Information Technology – IT /
The Sr Cloud Systems Engineer will lead architecture design, build, standardization, and maintenance of IT infrastructure solutions in both Public and Private cloud. This role will be working closely with the Workplace Technology team, Application Owners, and architects to ensure that all solutions are deployed per Penumbra Standards. The ideal candidate will have strong Infrastructure, Identity and DevOps background.
What You'll Work On
- Architect, Design and deploy infrastructure solutions for Penumbra’s critical applications with a focus on Automation.
- Build. Manage and monitor Azure Cloud Infrastructure to ensure optimal performance, availability, security and cost.
- Develop handoff materials and documentation for Operations teams to operate new implementations.
- Evaluate on-prem VMWARE infrastructure and develop and execute cloud migration plans in conjunction with operations team.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (DevOps and Configuration management) practices for the enterprise infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Systems and Network related issues, collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Design and implement Business Continuation, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Restore solutions as needed and support operations testing of all configurations.
- Implement and manage seamless and secure identity practices using the AD/AAD and cloud IAM policies.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as required.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or related field with 10+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience Additional qualifications:
- Proven experience in Azure cloud infrastructure management and operations
- Strong Systems engineering expertise in Linux and Windows server OS.
- Experience in building and managing private cloud with VMWARE.
- Advanced level scripting and programing skills with Python, PowerShell, or other scripting languages
- Experience with IaC and configuration management tools like Terraform, Azure resource Manager, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- DevOps and CICD expertise with Git, Jenkins or similar tools.
- Proficiency with AD/AAD and IAM
- Professional Architect level certification in Azure, AWS or GCP is preferred.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and the cloud container infrastructure (AKS, EKS, GK8s) is a plus.
- Medical device, pharmaceutical, biotech, or other regulated industry experience desired
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously.
- General office environment. Willingness and ability to work on site. May have business travel from 0% - 5%. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 15 pounds. Must be able to move between buildings and floors. Must be able to remain stationary and use a computer or other standard office equipment, such as a printer or copy machine, for an extensive period of time each day. Must be able to read, prepare emails, and produce documents and spreadsheets. Must be able to move within the office and access file cabinets or supplies, as needed. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information with employees at all levels on a daily basis.
- Starting Base Salary Is: $142,547 to $190,000
- Individual compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, work location and shift, and will increase over time based on meeting performance and business needs.
What We Offer
•A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
•The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
•A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please Penumbra's AAP Policy Statement.