Quality Engineer II
Alameda, CA /
Engineering – Quality Engineers /
As a Quality Engineer, you will be charged with the quality behind Penumbra's game-changing medical devices used to address some of the world's toughest disease states! At Penumbra, we provide our quality engineers with highly technical problems to solve. Your efforts will directly impact the safety of patients around the world who use our products. You will apply your passion for creative problem solving throughout all stages of the process, from concept to commercialization and into continuous improvements.
What Success Looks Like
- You will be a subject matter expert on production lines manufacturing high performing metal products
- Provide valuable input in the design control process and help in developing and launching new products
- Independently provide knowledge of Penumbra Quality Management System as it pertains to sustaining manufacturing operations as well as dealing with supplier quality and developing new products
- Identify and drive areas of opportunity for process improvement, yield improvement, and cycle time reduction
- Lead strategic plans for biocompatibility and sterilization for upcoming products
- Determine root-cause of in-process quality assurance issues
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards and procedures.
- Perform other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of projects.
What You Bring
- A strong drive to work on products that have a meaningful impact on peoples' lives
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where navigating grey areas is a welcomed challenge
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline required
- 1+ years experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment required; medical device experience preferred; injection molding & tooling development preferred
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills preferred
- A passion for working in collaborative and dynamic teams with a feedback-rich culture
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.