Sr. SAP Operations BSA
Alameda, CA /
The Senior Business Systems Analyst, Operations will be accountable for the design, implementation and support of solutions for strategic innovation and transformation initiatives, which will integrate and enhance Penumbra’s business functionality, overall performance, and maintain a high degree of user satisfaction.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Support, optimize and maintain SAP Operations systems, implementing solutions for process effectiveness and efficiency.*
- Support the definition and design of financial systems and process controls.*
- Hands-on configuration and administration of one or more SAP modules: EWM, MM, PP
- Participate on the build team as a configuration developer. *
- Follow agreed-upon project methodology to define scope, develop, test, deploy solutions and transition to run.*
- Design and implementation of user stories.*
- Educate and mentor other IT and business users in process and application design.*
- Design, configure, and implement Operations systems and tools, ensuring strong business alignment and systems integration.*
- Collaborate with a variety of cross-functional IT teams including middleware, developers, Operational Change Management and Software Validation Teams, establishing highly effective working relationships with key business partners through clean execution and open, honest, direct communication.*
- Perform configurations within the SAP Operations modules, coordinating closely with small team of other SAP BSAs and Developers (on-site and in India).
- Work closely with business teams and the software vendors to resolve software defects, addressing root causes.*
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to further improve user experiences, enterprise integration, performance and scalability.*
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise; analyze business requirements; identify risks; and collaborate with other IT functional and technical disciplines.*
- Participate in the development of IT related policies, standards, and procedures. *
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.*
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards and procedures.*
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- *Indicates an essential function of the role
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience with at least two of the following SAP Modules: SAP MM, PP, EWM
- At least 2 full implementations of ERP Financials; strong experience with SAP S4 preferred. Hands-on experience in configuration development within SAP or Oracle financial systems, specifically in FICO modules and sub-modules as well as in-depth business knowledge; experience in solution design; inventory reporting, forecasting, fixed assets capital spend reporting
- Strong understanding of cash management, tax laws, treasury processes, financial consolidations, international rollouts and local laws of specific countries
- Must be a motivated self-starter, able to identify and complete required work activities to meet business deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently throughout the business and technical teams; demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.