Senior R&D Electrical Engineer
Alameda, CA /
Engineering – R&D /
As an R&D Engineer at Penumbra, you get to be hands on prototyping the next generation of medical devices! We are looking for someone who is excited about rolling up their sleeves to relentlessly iterate new ideas for electro-mechanical systems. You will work collaboratively to apply your passion for creative problem solving at all stages of the design process, from concept to commercialization, which will have a profound positive impact on patients worldwide.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Play a key role in early stage development of the next generation of Penumbra products
- Be a pivotal team member for prototyping and designing electro-mechanical systems for novel, life-saving medical devices
- Own the development of the electrical design and embedded software for proof-of-concept devices and prototypes
- Dive into first generation electrical and software tests at the system, device, and component level for both design exploration and validation
- Create detailed software and electrical system / board level functional specifications
- Provide electrical engineering expertise in support of software development and testing for embedded systems
- Recommend improvements to existing designs (ESD mitigation, EMC, EMI, software improvements, etc.)
- Support product through pre & postproduction release including manufacturing at contract manufacturers
WHAT YOU BRING
- A passion and knack for solving hands-on and multi-disciplinary technical design problems is preferred
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where navigating grey areas is a welcomed challenge preferred
- MS/BS in electrical engineering or related field required
- 5+ years of experience required
- Hands on project experience developing device prototypes with hardware such as PCB prototyping, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or similar required
- Programming experience required, proficiency in languages such as C or C++, and Python preferred
- Understanding of software such as Altium Designer or other PCB design software, Arduino IDE required
- Familiarity of IEC 60601-1 standard preferred. Familiarity of digital signal processing preferred
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.