Quality Control Inspector
Roseville, CA /
Quality – Quality Control /
As a Quality Control Inspector, you will test and inspect components and products in the laboratory. By ensuring that Penumbra's products meet the highest standards of quality and safety, you will play a key role in saving lives every day. This position will be working the first shift, Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm or the second shift, Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 11:30pm.
What You'll Work On
- Perform routine inspection at incoming Quality Control and finished device level.
- Inspect components, products, labels, boxes, pouches, and coatings visually and mechanically.
- Take measurements using micrometers, calipers, snap gages, gage pins and other measuring instruments.
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering specifications.
- Provide support for R&D and manufacturing engineering through laboratory testing.
- Support departmental and interdepartmental training activities, including training of assemblers or other inspectors.
What You Bring
- The desire to work and learn in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ year of Quality Control inspection experience in a medical device or similar industry, or one year of hands-on laboratory experience.
- The ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.