Senior Backend Engineer - Kyiv, Ukraine - AI/ML Enterprise SaaS
Engineering - Kyiv
People.ai accelerates enterprise growth through the power of AI. With the industry’s only Revenue Intelligence System, People.ai frees all customer-facing teams, including sales, marketing, and customer success, from manual data entry by automatically capturing all contact and customer activity data, dynamically updating CRM and other systems of record, and providing actionable intelligence across management tools to realize the full selling capacity of the enterprise. Some of the world’s best brands are leveraging People.ai to transform their business, including Lyft, New Relic, Okta, Tanium, and Zoom.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will work with a vast amount of business data, design APIs, write machine learning and automation code, and build scalable systems.
We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at People.ai, you'll be a part of highly independent and autonomous team. Since we're building out a robust data layer that needs to be presented elegantly to the end user, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain features in the following core systems within our platform:
- A scalable, fault tolerant system for synchronizing tens of billions of sales data records into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- A social graph of the world’s sales data, incorporating hundreds of millions of records relations sales, people, companies, and deals to create actionable advice for sales and marketing teams.
- An intelligent system for matching sales activity (e-mails, calendar data, calls) with sales data records from Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, incorporating both complex business rules and using Machine Learning to leverage the company’s social graph.
- Our core infrastructure, including areas such as user management, authentication and authorization within our product.
- Build monitoring and alerting tools to prevent our application from being unavailable; be part of weekly on-call rotations to quickly resolve any infrastructure issues whenever our application becomes unavailable.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years experience programming in Python 2.x/3.x or Java
- Experience with enterprise-grade stack for scalable apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL and key-value databases
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit and automated tests paradigms
- Strong skills in SQL and RDBMS solutions
- Understanding of SOA, micro-services and event-driven architecture
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker and Kubernetes are appreciated
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of HTTP stack and REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, the company is backed by ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y Combinator and others. In 2019, People.ai was recognized as a winner of the 2019 Bay Area Best Places To Work, an awards program presented by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.