Sr. Product Designer
Remote - India /
We are a user centric company focused on building impactful experiences for all who use our product. You are someone who loves design - obsessively inspired by great design while championing unique ideas and embracing creative risks. You are not afraid to advocate for your user and care deeply about the outcomes for your users.
PeopleGrove is looking for a talented, well-rounded product designer to join our design and product team. You'll be joining a team of product managers, designers, and engineers committed to delivering differentiated experiences that reduces time to value for our users. You'll be working on a product that helps learners navigate to their next step in their professional life. They do so by gaining access to a warm network full of alumni from their university who are investing their time to guide, nurture, and provide opportunities for them.
Reporting to the Director of Product Strategy, the Sr. Product Designer will serve as key member of a growing design team. You will collaborate closely with other Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Quality Assurance, Content, etc.
We are looking for a talent, with great personality, and a proven Portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems. Someone who enjoys staying informed, and shares the latest on UI/UX techniques, tools and patterns. You are not afraid to independently conduct solution validation with minimal guidance, and incorporate the insights into design decisions to fulfill user and business needs. Collaboration and communication are table stake skills. We are looking for someone with 3-6 years of experience.
To be successful in this role, you will need to invest in knowing our users, and our products throughly. You must be a naturally curious person who is flexible, has the ability to pivot and thrives in ambiguity.
- Product knowledge: Deeply understand the technology and features of the product groups you are assigned and proactively learn from others.
- Research: A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Deliverables: Create deliverables for the product groups you support (for example: JTBD, UX Scorecards, competitive evaluations, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, design vision, and so on) that help define the vision and execution of solving real user problems through the user experience.
- Communication: Communicate the results of UX activities with a strong point of view to the UX department, cross-functional partners with your product groups, and other interested PeopleGrove team-members using clear language that simplifies complexity.
- Usability: Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your product groups, and help influence your Product Manager to prioritize them.
- Iteration: Lead and coach iteration of design work within the product groups. Aim to reduce accumulation of UX debt.
- Design system: Actively contribute to the PeopleGrove design system, help determine whether components are single-use or multi-use, and provide recommendations to designers and engineers regarding new component requests.
- Design team activities: Participate in design review, and other team activities while modeling best practices for giving and receiving feedback.
- Public presence: Help promote PeopleGrove publicly by writing blog articles, giving talks, or responding on social media, where appropriate.
- Cross-pod collaboration: Support your Manager and Product Manager in identifying dependencies between groups and stages and advocating for cross-stage collaboration when needed.
- Mentoring: Mentor other members of the UX department on how to approach design problems, solicit feedback, and drive for impactful outcomes.
PeopleGrove is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.