Customer Onboarding & Services Specialist (Remote)
Arlington, VA /
Customer Success /
Full Time (Remote)
Scope of the Role
The Customer Onboarding & Services Specialist will ensure the successful delivery and completion of services to customers, including onboarding the PeopleGrove Platform, Mentorship Programs, and providing ad-hoc consulting to ensure optimal growth and adoption of our customers’ PeopleGrove solutions. The Customer Onboarding & Services Specialist is a critical member of the Onboarding and Strategic Services Team, ensuring high CSAT, time to value, and enabling customer retention.
You’ll work with customers to:
- Onboard new customers to configure and launch their PeopleGrove platform
- Onboard and launch new mentorship programs
- Deliver ‘intervention’ support and other ad hoc services to ensure optimal growth and adoption for customers
- Serve as the main point of contact for new customers during the onboarding process and ensure they have a seamless and positive experience with our company
- Ensure effective handoffs in the customer journey from sales to services and from services to customer success management
- Independently manage a number of concurrent customer projects and ensure timely and high-quality completion of all tasks and deliverables, while providing accurate internal progress reports.
- Gain and maintain expert-level knowledge in key product functionality to effectively guide our customers through strong adoption and platform growth
- Achieve onboarding and services CSAT goals for all customer projects while meeting team utilization targets
- Effectively identify, mitigate and / or escalate customer project risks
- Help identify efficiencies and develop best practices ensuring our team’s continuous improvement
- Embrace and demonstrate commitment to PeopleGrove’s values, mission and vision.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Recent and relevant experience leading customer onboarding or other services projects in a B2B SaaS organization (ed tech preferred).
- Previous or current PeopleGrove platform experience and/or higher education experience, which could include: consulting for higher ed, software/tech partner to higher ed, or working directly for a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated experience consistently meeting or exceeding targets for customer satisfaction and time to value
- Exhibit resilience, high attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities, especially in fast-paced environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead meetings and communicate effectively with clients via email, phone, video conferencing and potentially in person
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with sales, customer success managers, support, marketing, and product teams to ensure high customer satisfaction and advocacy
- Comfortable with taking risks and challenging assumptions to develop and deliver optimal solutions for customers.
- Willingness to identify and pursue opportunities for professional development to build the requisite skills needed to be successful in the role
- Project management experience is desired, but not required – PMI certification is a plus.
Please include a cover letter that is less than 2 paragraphs explaining your passion for education, desire to work in customer success, and background highlighting the traits that allow you to excel personally and professionally in this role at PeopleGrove.
At PeopleGrove, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
PeopleGrove is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 650-584-3400.