Technical Lead - Machine Learning
Santa Clara, CA /
Science – Science /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai utilizes state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning to develop cutting-edge tools that bridge the gap between AI and human understanding. We pride ourselves in maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that enables each individual to grow while having a meaningful impact on national security. Join our team today.
Percipient.ai is currently seeking an experienced Technical Lead for our Machine Learning team. The Technical Lead will provide input on both product vision and roadmap, while also being a hands-on lead in developing the product. We have developed unique, patent pending, core CV/ML technology powering a product actively used by our customers in the intelligence and national security domains.
We are offering an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup with significant growth potential. You will be collaborating with the world’s best scientists and engineers to imagine, develop, and deliver innovative products into the hands of analysts as they go about solving problems critical to national security.
- Collaboratively shape a bold vision for the product.
- Collaboratively help define and adapt a roadmap for delivering on the vision.
- Technically lead a team to deliver on the vision.
- Help ship high-quality releases at a reasonably fast pace.
- Maintain a high level of innovation, collaborating with other teams as necessary.
- Business acumen to understand and improve the product’s value proposition.
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of building large-scale distributed systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in a tech lead role, helping a team succeed.
- Deep expertise in at least two of Python, Go, C++, Java, Scala, etc.
- Strong experience with Linux-based operating systems.
- A passion to deliver innovation into the hands of customers.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and code, troubleshoot, or develop a fix.
- US citizenship required due to federal requirements.
Nice to have:
- MS/PhD in computer science, engineering, or a closely related field.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch, etc.
- Background in CV/ML/AI.
$170,000 - $300,000 a year
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed reflects the average minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your assessed level and location during the hiring process.
We want the best for all of our employees and go out of our way to provide top-tier benefits. Join our team to receive:
● Substantial Equity
● Unlimited Flexible Time Away (FTA)
● 401k Matching
● 90% Employee Medical Premium Coverage
● 65% Dependent/Family Medical Premium Coverage
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Employee Referral Program
● Lunches & Snacks
● Commuter Benefits
● Life Insurance
● Travel Assistance
● And more
Percipient.ai is a proud equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hire talent located within a daily commutable distance to our offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Reston, VA. Certain roles may be performed in either of those sites or remotely within the US. We believe in the benefit of a highly-collaborative in-office culture, so if you're in the Bay Area or near the Reston Town Center plan to be in the office 2-3 days a week.