Senior DevOps Engineer
Reston, VA /
Engineering – DevOps /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley-based advanced analytics firm building platforms at the cutting edge of the technology world. We utilize state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
Among our core values, we believe in:
- The power of data to save lives
- The promise of the human and machine team to protect our values
- The potential of our people to help transform the world
Follow Us on LinkedIn
What You’ll Do
- Expert understanding of running a large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise.
- Utilize troubleshooting and scripting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Percipient.ai services.
- Implement automated deployments, and operational tools.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to plan and deploy product releases.
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor.
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues.
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- Coding and automation of applications in the cloud.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player.
What We Look For
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24/7 production services environments.
- Expertise with containerizing concepts like Docker, PaaS services on AWS, and Kubernetes or equivalent technologies.
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals such as Python, Perl, or Ruby and Java Development.
- Deep experience operating on AWS (C2S) and infrastructure automation using Ansible and Terraform.
- Excellent troubleshooter.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems and Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, etc.)
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery including tools such as Cloudformation.
- Experience in Linux and Security triage & forensic analysis.
- US Citizenship.
- TS / SCI security clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph
- Experience working with the DoD / IC community
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.