Senior DevOps Engineer
Reston, VA /
Customer Success – Deployment /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley based advanced analytics firm building highly scalable and advanced analytics products. We utilize state of the art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
We are offering an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an early stage startup with significant growth potential. You will be working alongside the world’s best Scientists and Engineers in the fields of AI and Computer Vision to deliver the highest quality of products.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
What You’ll Do
- Expert understanding of running a large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise.
- Utilize troubleshooting and scripting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Percipient.ai services.
- Implement automated deployments, and operational tools.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to plan and deploy product releases.
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor.
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues.
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- Coding and automation of applications in the cloud.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player.
What We Look For
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24/7 production services environments.
- Expertise with containerizing concepts like Docker, PaaS services on AWS, and Kubernetes or equivalent technologies.
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals such as Python, Perl, or Ruby and Java Development.
- Deep experience operating on AWS (C2S) and infrastructure automation using Ansible and Terraform.
- Excellent troubleshooter.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems and Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, etc.)
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery including tools such as Cloudformation.
- Experience in Linux and Security triage & forensic analysis.
- US Citizenship.
- TS / SCI security clearance
- Experience working with the DoD / IC community
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.