Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering – DevOps /
Founded in 2017, Percipient.ai utilizes state of the art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to develop cutting-edge tools that bridge the gap between AI and human understanding. We pride ourselves in maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that enables each individual to grow while having a meaningful impact on national security. Join our team today.
Percipient.ai is currently seeking Sr. DevOps Engineers to work with our customers to ensure their mission success. This position requires TS/SCI security clearance with full-scope polygraph, and will work directly with customers in the SCIF at their facilities several days a week. In addition to DevOps skills, this broad role requires skills in IT/networking, release management, site reliability engineering, cloud computing, and overall troubleshooting.
Responsibilities include ensuring our pipeline for deploying mission critical updates is working smoothly, and using open-source tooling, cloud services, and Infrastructure as Code to automate deployments and scale our product. Additionally, this role will frequently troubleshoot complex problems that will impact the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
- Utilize troubleshooting and scripting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Percipient.ai services
- Implement automated deployments, and operational tools
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Coding and automation of applications in the cloud
- TS / SCI security clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph is a MUST HAVE
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to be onsite at the customer’s facility several days a week
- 8+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24/7 production services environments
- Expert understanding of running a large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise
- Expertise with containerizing concepts like Docker, PaaS services on AWS, and Kubernetes or equivalent technologies
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals such as Python, Bash, or Perl
- Deep experience operating on AWS (C2S) and infrastructure automation using Ansible and Terraform
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems and Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, etc.)
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, including tools such as Cloudformation
- Experience in Linux and security triage and forensic analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- US citizenship required due to federal requirements
- Experience working with the DoD / IC community a plus
$155,000 - $230,000 a year
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed reflects the average minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your assessed level and location during the hiring process.
We want the best for all of our employees and go out of our way to provide top tier benefits. Join our team to receive:
● Substantial Equity
● Unlimited PTO
● 401k Matching
● 90% Employee Medical Premium Coverage
● 65% Dependent/Family Medical Premium Coverage
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Employee Referral Program
● Lunches & Snacks
● Commuter Benefits
● Life Insurance
● Travel Assistance
● And more
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hire talent located within a daily commutable distance to our offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Reston, VA. Certain roles may be performed in either of those sites or remotely within the US. We believe in the benefit of a highly-collaborative in-office culture, so if you're in the Bay Area or near the Reston Town Center plan to be in the office 3-4 days a week.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the average minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your assessed level and location during the hiring process.