Reston, VA /
Design – Design /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley based advanced analytics firm building highly scalable and advanced analytics products. We utilize state of the art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
We are offering an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an early stage startup with significant growth potential. You will be working alongside the world’s best Scientists and Engineers in the fields of AI and Computer Vision to deliver the highest quality of products.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in Reston, VA (with some remote work possible). The Technical Writer will be responsible for producing and owning customer-facing content and internal documents. Examples include user training guides, features documentation, admin/configuration guides, UI and API documents, customer-facing release notes, and others. The Technical Writer will collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to create the needed content.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, and to create documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing a variety of technical documents, including user and admin guides, features documents, UI/API documentation, architecture guides, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with others and learn new material.
- Ability to successfully communicate the value proposition of a product (to explain the “why”).
- Experience documenting large applications and systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with G-Suite products and Adobe InDesign.
- Exquisite attention to detail and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Must be a US citizen.
Nice to Have
- Experience creating in-application help systems.
- Experience writing for government/federal audiences.
- Strong understanding of scalability and security issues and concerns.
- Graphic design skills and experience.
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.