Sr. Network/Security Engineer
Reston, VA /
Customer Success – Operations /
Founded in 2017, Percipient.ai utilizes state of the art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to develop cutting-edge tools that bridge the gap between AI and human understanding. We pride ourselves in maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that enables each individual to grow while having a meaningful impact on national security. Join our team today.
Percipient.ai is now hiring a Sr. Network/Security Engineer to support the continual development & improvement of our corporate infrastructure and internal security capabilities. This broad role requires skills in IT/networking, network/security engineering, system performance/security monitoring, cloud computing, vulnerability management/patching, and overall system troubleshooting. This position does not require a security clearance, but individuals must be able to successfully complete a background investigation.
- Utilize a variety of hands-on technical skills to improve the availability, performance, and IT and security of Percipient.ai services
- Develop and document both IT and security processes/procedures
- Expert understanding of running a large-scale virtualized infrastructure supporting both on-prem and cloud deployments
- Extensive experience in public/private infrastructure automation using Ansible, Puppet, Juju, Terraform, etc
- Knowledge in AWS, Azure, OCI, and Openstack cloud API
- Demonstrated experience in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Linux, Mac, and Windows endpoints
- Extensive experience operating and troubleshooting various security tools such as centralized access management (i.e Okta, Active Directory, etc.), vulnerability scanning/analysis, SIEM’s and firewalls
- Experience in multi-OS security triage and forensic analysis
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language such as Python, Bash, or Perl
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate experience/qualifications
- 8+ years of Systems/Applications operation in 24/7 production services environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- US citizenship required due to federal requirements
The salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$185,000.
We want the best for all of our employees and go out of our way to provide top tier benefits. Join our team to receive:
● Substantial Equity
● Unlimited PTO
● 401k Matching
● 90% Employee Medical Premium Coverage
● 65% Dependent/Family Medical Premium Coverage
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Employee Referral Program
● Lunches & Snacks
● Commuter Benefits
● Life Insurance
● Travel Assistance
● And more
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hire talent located within a daily commutable distance to our offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Reston, VA. Certain roles may be performed in either of those sites or remotely within the US. We believe in the benefit of a highly-collaborative in-office culture, so if you're in the Bay Area or near the Reston Town Center plan to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the average minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your assessed level and location during the hiring process.