Vice President of Human Resources
Reston, VA /
Customer Success – Operations /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley-based advanced analytics firm building platforms at the cutting edge of the technology world. We utilize state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
Among our core values, we believe in:
- The power of data to save lives
- The promise of the human and machine team to protect our values
- The potential of our people to help transform the world
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Percipient is currently seeking a Vice President of Human Resources for our Reston, VA office. The VP of HR will help establish and formalize HR practices, policies, and programs. This position will work closely with the CEO and other company leaders to build the foundation for the company’s growth, and is an opportunity to help scale one of the most impactful firms in the market today.
- Crafting and sustaining a thriving performance-driven culture that brings out the best in each employee and sets the highest expectations for the firm’s responsibilities and competitive performance
- Assessing and improving current people programs and leading the design, implementation, and iteration of new programs
- Developing a proactive and progressive compensation and benefits strategy that enables us to attract, reward, and retain exceptional talent, and build a highly-scalable business
- Supporting and sustaining our culture systematically and scalably across a distributed, bi-coastal and diverse team
- Managing the Security Clearance and Training/Licensing requirements for government contracting
- Building best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding, and learning and development
- Leading effective and consistent implementation of performance management practices across the organization, including leadership development, succession planning, coaching, talent reviews, and terminations
- Occasional travel to our Santa Clara, CA office
- The ideal candidate is a high-performing individual of character, integrity, and conviction, with energy and enthusiasm for building a successful company. The candidate will have the ability and desire to build a transformative, high-performance culture, and will prioritize diversity and excellence.
- A desire to be part of a mission-driven organization that works on the most pressing and operationally intensive CV and AI challenges faced by our clients
- A track record of 10 or more years of increasing HR responsibility, ideally at one or more growth-stage technology startups
- Experience scaling a company from ~50 to 200-500+ employees and success overcoming the challenges of a growing company
- Willingness to flex between strategic and hands-on approach as needed
- Strong thought leadership and best practices in HR, Recruiting, Compensation, Performance Management, Compliance, and Talent Management/Development
- Experience leading and scaling innovative HR organizations, including investing in and developing talent on your team
- Experience working with government contracts and the Security Clearance process
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a multi-office, global and/or remote setting
- Ability to build and maintain robust, scalable systems and processes
- Experience working in compliance with labor and employment laws
- US citizenship
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.