Back-End Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Engineering – Backend /
Founded in 2017, Percipient.ai utilizes state of the art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to develop cutting-edge tools that bridge the gap between AI and human understanding. We pride ourselves in maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that enables each individual to grow while having a meaningful impact on national security. Join our team today.
Percipient.ai is currently seeking to hire a Back-End Software Engineer to join our growing multi-disciplinary team. The Back-End Software Engineer will work collaboratively with other back-end engineers, front-end engineers, product managers, and AI and Computer Vision scientists to build scalable and innovative back-end systems, services, tools, and APIs that power our product.
This position will be based out of our Santa Clara, CA headquarters and will allow for some hybrid work (in the office 2-3 days per week).
- Design and build highly-scalable services, tools, APIs, and systems that package computer vision capabilities into a fully-productized workflow
- Provide design guidance, code reviews, and implementation consultation to more junior engineers
- Decompose large problems into smaller tasks and efforts that can be implemented concurrently by team members
- Create new algorithms, processes, and data flows that empower mission success for our customers
- Expand upon existing features directly impacting the core product
- Optimize services, APIs, and systems for performance, maintainability, and reliability
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS or Ph.D. a plus
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of building highly-reliable and large-scale distributed systems
- Expertise in Python, C++, Scala or Java
- Experience with Django or similar Python frameworks a nice plus
- Passion for building solutions quickly while architecting for long-term growth and scalability
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a team-player mindset
- Experience with AI, machine learning, deep learning and/or computer vision is a big plus but not required
- Experience working as a lead also a plus
- US citizenship required due to federal requirements
The salary range for this full-time position is $145,000-$200,000.
We want the best for all of our employees and go out of our way to provide top tier benefits. Join our team to receive:
● Substantial Equity
● Unlimited PTO
● 401k Matching
● 90% Employee Medical Premium Coverage
● 65% Dependent/Family Medical Premium Coverage
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Employee Referral Program
● Lunches & Snacks
● Commuter Benefits
● Life Insurance
● Travel Assistance
● And more
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hire talent located within a daily commutable distance to our offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Reston, VA. Certain roles may be performed in either of those sites or remotely within the US. We believe in the benefit of a highly-collaborative in-office culture, so if you're in the Bay Area or near the Reston Town Center plan to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the average minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your assessed level and location during the hiring process.