Software Engineering Intern
Santa Clara, CA /
Engineering – Backend /
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley-based advanced analytics firm building platforms at the cutting edge of the technology world. We utilize state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
Among our core values, we believe in:
- The power of data to save lives
- The promise of the human and machine team to protect our values
- The potential of our people to help transform the world
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Percipient.ai is looking to hire multiple interns for our Software Engineering and Science Teams. Interns may be embedded with a number of teams: Front-End, Back-End, QA, DevOps, Science (AI, ML, Computer Vision), and Product Management. Interns will be assigned a mentor and function as part of the team to which they are matched. Interns will contribute to our product offering. The goals of our internship program are that interns (1) gain valuable, real-world experience working in a tech company/startup; and (2) learn useful, applicable, real-world skills and knowledge that will enhance their future.
What You’ll Do
- Get involved in various development projects and become familiar with the process of design and building highly scalable systems.
- Collaborate with the teams within the Engineering organization and throughout the company.
- Work jointly with other team members to ensure requirements are clearly communicated.
- Gain experience and knowledge by working at a high-tech startup.
What We Look For
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar program
- Solid academic record (at least 3.0 or better)
- Strong problem solving skills and a passion for solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Inventiveness and curiosity, and a desire to learn.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Great communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages such as C++, Java, and/or Python.
- Completed coursework in networking, algorithms and data structures is highly desired
- Due to the nature of our work, candidates MUST be a US citizen.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.