Remote, Eastern Europe
ENGINEERING – Eng-Platform
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a remote full-time QA Analyst to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management. Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
Some of the biggest companies in the world rely on Percona and PMM to help them monitor their database infrastructure so ensuring our products are of the highest quality is our number one priority. As a result, our QA Analysts serve the most critical role in the entire development process.
We’re looking for someone to join the team that is absolutely passionate about quality and willing to hold our developers and product team accountable to deliver an amazing experience to our users. You will seek to continually enhance our test case repository and serve as the input to our automation efforts. We’re not just looking for someone that can validate the functionality called for in the user stories, we also want someone passionate about the end user and making sure we deliver an amazing user experience. Because we’re dealing with massive quantities of data, the ideal candidate will pay attention to the most microscopic of details and be able to validate not only functionality but precision.
Location/Time zone: Remote/ work from home. Prefer European time zones (ideally Eastern Europe).
What You Will Do
- Identify testing requirements from specs prior to development of a given product or feature
- Isolate, replicate, and document defects then verify fixes are accurate and complete
- Continually create and catalog clear and concise acceptance test cases
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Organize test results for the purpose of computing quality metrics to indicate increase or decrease in overall application quality
- Identify potential quality issues and escalate appropriately
- Determine and enhance appropriate test coverage for a given product requirement
- 2+ years performing manual testing on both web and installed browser-based applications
- Test suite management using tools such as Test Case Manager or Test Rails
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to work with others as a team in a completely distributed model
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Mysql, MongoDB, Prometheus, Clickhouse)
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Load or performance testing
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.