MySQL QA / Release Manager
ENGINEERING – Server-Eng-1 /
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
MySQL QA Engineer (full-time, worldwide)
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient QA engineer to join its QA team. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a high-quality QA environment for Percona and it's customers. Some travel is required for meetings etc. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours. Laptop & Internet access are provided.
What You Will Do
* Evaluate Percona products and new features based on a QA plan, locating product issues & bugs
* Monitor, and analyze/log failures for; automated regression, performance, packaging and/or other automated QA systems
* Perform monitoring of, and continue implementation of, Percona's automated QA systems & infrastructure
* Assist Percona clients with implementing various items relating to their Quality Assurance environment
* Assist with the implementation of various internal projects
* Solid Bash scripting skills
* Proficiency with MySQL, InnoDB, SQL
* Previous exposure and experience in database-related technologies, for example, in a DBA, support or development role
* Experience with networking, hardware, file systems, server connectivity etc.
* Proficiency with Release Management
* Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
* Quick learner & great team player
Good-to-have Skills (in order of priority)
* Debugging experience
* Experience in Linux systems administration
* Experience with compiling/building/packaging/release engineering/yum/apt
* Coding skills in any language, especially C/C++
* Previous experience with Docker or virtualization
* Proven success working in a distributed environment
* Tertiary studies degree or certifications related to core skills
* Supplemental MySQL technologies
Location/Time zone: Multiple countries
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.