ENGINEERING – Engineering - Server /
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient C Software Engineer to join its Open Source Software Development team. You will work on the PostgreSQL open source database and related components, doing both new feature development and bug fixing in close collaboration with the upstream PostgreSQL community.
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL provides the best and most critical enterprise components from the open-source community, in a single distribution, designed and tested to work together.
You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a fast moving and high quality development environment for Percona and its customers.
Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to PostgreSQL and related components
- Create and submit patches for review, perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Diagnose and fix defects in PostgreSQL and related components
- Create documentation about your work that is consumable and can be refined by our documentation team
- Be part of the PostgreSQL developer community, representing Percona as a PostgreSQL contributor
- Share your knowledge by attending and speaking at related conferences and writing blog posts about your work, participating in our public forums
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on C development experience and related tools / build processes (e.g. gcc/autoconf/automake)
- Distributed system development and/or database server development
- Fluent in developer tools like git, gcc, gdb
- Scripting languages like Perl and Shell scripting
- Working autonomously in a globally distributed organization
- Collaborating with open source communities and colleagues via mailing lists, IRC, Slack, etc.
- Using collaboration/tracking tools like Jira/Confluence
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
- Quick learner & great team player
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Hands-on knowledge of PostgreSQL internals
- Being an active member of the PostgreSQL developer community
- Having a track record of contributing to PostgreSQL or other open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.