Sr Product Manager - Open Source Solutions (remote)
MARKETING – Product Management /
The Senior Product Manager for MongoDB will be our lead in defining the future of our Percona MongoDB products and solutions and is ultimately responsible for their success. As the voice of the customer, they will need to understand the market, customer challenges and then be able to clearly articulate market and customer requirements back into the product requirements and roadmap. They are responsible for creating the product vision, overall go-to-market (GTM) strategy and then working across the Percona team to successfully deliver.
This is a remote position that can be based in the Americas or Europe.
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
What You Will Do
- Own the product vision and delivery of the overall GTM strategy and long term product roadmap that satisfies the customer challenges/requirements and changing market dynamics/technologies while uniquely positioning Percona for success
- Define market opportunity for our MongoDB product and solution areas. This includes targeting/segmentation of opportunities as well as markets and collaboration with Product Marketing Managers to analyze new markets
- Be the voice of the customer and help provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs. Less "customer wants a feature", more "they want to solve a problem that helps with ..."
- Work with the Product Owner, Engineering, Sales and Services counterparts to facilitate well rounded decision making with a bias for action and calculated risks
- Work with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to facilitate rapid time to value for our customers and prospects
- Work closely with Inbound Product Management to balance your product's long-term roadmap with its backlog of issues and bugs as well as ad-hoc customer requests
- Deliver crisp customer use cases/requirements to Inbound Product Management & Engineering
- Have a solid understanding of the enterprise sales motion including how you and your product can best support key players such as Sales Engineers, Consulting, Services, and enterprise Account Executives
- Make data-informed decisions. Know how you're measuring success before starting any project; obsess over your KPIs; know when to commit more or less resources
- Effectively communicate across all departments in the company
- Prepare competitive comparison information for use in positioning against offerings from other organizations (working with Product Marketing Manager)
- Open source community engagement and support as needed
- Briefing and building relationships with key members of the media and analyst communities
- Speaking engagements and other Percona representation as needed at leading industry conferences
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with enterprise IT software, including strong customer facing experience
- Experience developing the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Go-to-market experience
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the Product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business throughout EMEA and the US as safety permits
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without authority breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Knowledge of or experience with open source software and databases