Technical Alliance and Partner Manager (remote)
MARKETING – Marketing
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a Technical Partner & Alliance Manager to join our team and help build, grow, and manage our technical partnerships and alliances. This person will be the face of Percona to our partners, liaising internally between internal and external stakeholders to drive awareness, promote, and provide access to Percona software and solutions. This person will help ensure both Percona and our partners have a successful outcome from working together.
Ideally, this person will have a strong understanding of both modern technical infrastructure and development practices as well as a deep understanding of the business needs of Percona and our partners. By having one foot in the technical realm and one foot in the business realm this person will be able to coordinate with engineering teams and business development teams to ensure the best outcomes. The right candidate for this role will have an extensive background in managing multiple projects across multiple vendors with a proven track record of delivering mutually beneficial outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Build Percona’s technical partner ecosystem
- Project manage our partner efforts across internal and external stakeholders
- Build, Manage, and Execute the plan to ensure the proper marketing and educational material is available to drive adoption of our software on our partner’s platforms
- Work with the internal Percona teams to ensure our messaging, collateral, and enablement materials are streamlined for our partners
- Manage the process and ensure our software is certified and available on 3rd party stores, marketplaces, and through other partner channels
- Manage and coordinate our partnership activities with major cloud vendors (AWS, Microsoft, and Google)
- Get Percona software certified and included in a different cloud, PaaS, DBaaS and XaaS offerings
- Manage the relationships with our inbound technical partners whose software we include in our platform and solution
- Train our partners and our internal stakeholders
- Grow attendance of technical partners at Percona events
- Brief partners on changes, new releases, and efforts within Percona
- Brief internal teams on new products, features, and efforts going on in our partners
- 3+ years experience in technical partner management
- 2+ years in marketing and or product management/marketing in the software industry
- 2+ years in project management
- Ability to travel as we add new partners (25% is the minimum)
- Previous experience managing technical certification and partner programs
- Previous experience partnering with public cloud vendors strongly desired
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work across time zones as required
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.