Financial Analyst - Software Industry - remote
ADMINISTRATION – Finance /
Percona’s Finance Team is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their growing team. This position will be a highly visible and influential role at the intersection of operations and financial planning. This is the first position at Percona that is fully dedicated to financial planning and analysis. Primary responsibilities include supporting the budgeting/forecasting process, performing analysis of KPIs and reporting results to management. The ideal candidate must be data-driven, communicate effectively, work well independently, and have excellent analytical skills.
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the process to create, standardize and automate reporting for core SaaS and financial metrics
- Work closely with the Revenue Operations and Finance teams to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages
- Ongoing management and development of the model - in excel and Anaplan - that support reporting
- Routinely (monthly, quarterly and annually) communicate financial and operational performance verses budgets and forecasts, as well as historical trends, using agreed upon metrics. Work closely with the Accounting team on analysis for accruals for the monthly close
- Suggest trends, resulting implications (short term and long term) and action plans to adjust as necessary
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to continuously improve reports and metrics to measure and monitor the business while ensuring high confidence in data quality
- Support the quarterly forecasting and annual planning (budget) process, including: evaluation of key metrics, coordination of department meetings, financial modeling and alternative scenario planning
- Assist in creating 3-5 year strategic plan and model
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings and monthly/quarterly management meetings of the company
- Develop strong industry knowledge through collaboration with the business to proactively manage and evaluate future challenges
- 2+ years in the software industry, including understanding software industry metrics (bookings, ARR, MRR, retention rate, churn, bookings, etc)
- 3+ years work experience in a similar Accounting/Finance position
- Understanding of US accounting regulations, including GAAP and ASC 606 (revenue recognition) Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business related field
- Outstanding skills in developing complex financial models based on well-defined assumptions
- Experience building executive and management reporting
- Experience using Salesforce including: building reports, exporting data and navigating primary objects
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, including: pivot tables, vlookup, sumif, index, match, charts
- Effective collaborator who will be a resource for several departments and proactively engage constituents
- Ability to work Eastern Time Zone hours a minimum of 6 hours per day
- Ability to work remotely full-time
- Ability to travel 2-4 times per year (<10% of time) when safety permits
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Understanding of the inner-workings of a 3 statement financial model
- Previous experience using or implementing a cloud based forecast platform
- Previous experience using or implementing a business intelligence / analytics tool
- Strong business sense with the ability to utilize financial data to help develop insights to business performance
- A self-starter who is adept at managing multiple projects and deliverables
This is a remote position. A strong and stable internet connection is required.