Senior Solution Engineer
US- West /
SALES – Solutions Engineering /
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in Western US.
The Senior Solution Engineer role supports the pre-sales process for the Percona Field Sales team. The SSE works alongside the Sales Representative to identify the customer’s needs and generate customized business software solutions. The focus of the role is to demonstrate and articulate the features of Percona software and services products that are best suited for the customer and their needs. This will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to facilitate and lead detailed discovery conversations with customers and prospects. Senior Solution Engineers distinguish themselves by their skill at facilitation and problem-solving through facilitation. The job will involve working closely with the sales team and delivery teams to help match customer needs to the right mix of open source technologies, Percona Services, and Percona Products.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Solution Engineer is responsible for being a technically credible public face of Percona. The Senior Solution Engineer demonstrates this capability in each interaction they have with customers and prospects, as well as at public speaking opportunities such as the Percona Live Conference and other industry and trade conferences. The Senior Solution Engineer is expected to pursue and maintain their own independent relationships with customers and prospects. Over time the cultivation of the relationships is intended to place the Senior Solution Engineer in the position of a trusted advisor.
Travel is required for this role at the rate of 40-60% travel, including domestic and occasional international, as safety permits. The majority of travel will be in the Western part of North America. Occasional travel to Latin America or other global locations as needed.
- 5+ years experience with database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, SQLServer)
- Strong technical background in full-stack architecture
- 3+ years experience working with Open Source technologies
- 3+ years experience in working in a presales capacity within a sales team
- 3+ years of working with cloud-based architectures and solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)A driven self-motivated learner
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and public speaking
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Expert DBA level experience in MySQL, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL
- Expert practitioner of at least one formalized sales methodology (Sandler, Value Selling, Solution Selling, etc.)
- Solution Architecture certification for at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Documented track record of consistently achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.