Director of Product
MARKETING – Marketing
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Are you a product guru interested in open source, designing customer focused applications, growth hacking, and telling a great story? Percona may have the perfect role for you!
Percona is looking for someone to head up our product management and product marketing teams. This person will be critical in helping us assess the market, figure out what our strategy should be, and executing on it. Like all great visionaries, we have lots of ideas, some good and some not so good. The ideal person for this role will be critical in helping us not only understand what can work and what can’t but also assessing the market viability. As this person works with other internal groups and talks with customers they will gain insight and understanding as to where gaps and opportunities in the market exist. The best person for this role will be able to see an opportunity, research and collect data to verify what they have seen, refine that data with customer feedback, and build a cohesive strategy to capitalize on that opportunity. They will be able to take all of the above and tell a story that excites internal stakeholders and external user base.
What will you be doing?
- Manage our product team consisting of product management and product marketing.
- Reviewing our strategy, collecting data, and verifying we are on the right course.
- Analyzing customer feedback, internal feedback, and external vendors to make recommendations on new product features and messaging.
- Keep up with the market, assessing threats and opportunities.
- Help figure out the right story, messaging, and value proposition for our products and work with internal stakeholders to get that story and messaging out to the masses.
- Be responsible for driving adoption of our software and services.
- Work with the engineering teams to ensure they understand high level strategy and understand the customer needs/requirements of our applications.
- Work with the Marketing Operations and Creative & Content team to make sure we have articulated the value.
- Manage the overall goto market and launch plans for our products.
- Educate internal stakeholders on how customers want to buy, and what problems customers face and our how our products eliminate them.
- Previous success in a product leadership position building SaaS applications, Database or Infrastructure tools, open source software, and/or Cloud products.
- 10+ years experience with progressive product leadership.
- Ability to manage and lead the team, but also act as a player coach.
- Track record of influencing, aligning, and working with executive leadership.
- Ability to quickly assess data and opportunities and set priorities.
- Enabling us to move quickly to take advantage of opportunities.
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills with the ability to evangelize and engage others with your product vision.
- Proven track record of driving adoption and growth through the product design process.
- Demonstrable commitment to be data driven analysis & decision making Intellectually curious, a life long learner.
Location: Remote, work from home position from anywhere worldwide.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.